While it might seem impossible, 2015 is rapidly coming to a close, which means the holiday season is fast approaching. And just as the holiday season brings with it cheery music, decadent treats, and twinkling Christmas lights all along the city streets, it also brings with it a certain amount of anxiety and frustration. One of the biggest causes of that holiday anxiety? Picking out the perfect Christmas present.
Christmas shopping can seem like a tricky endeavor. The balance between a gift the recipient will enjoy receiving and a gift that the recipient will actually use is a fine line. Among the trickiest individuals to buy gifts for? Musicians. Why are musicians so hard to buy for? One big reason: Most musicians buy whatever they want or need when they realize they want or need it. If a musician thinks they are in need of a new pedal, they’ll get a new pedal. A new strap? They’ll get a new strap.
However, hope is not lost. Here are five of the best Christmas presents any musician would love to have (and probably hasn’t already bought for themselves).
- 1001: Albums You Must Hear Before You Die – Every musician seeks out their inspiration from somewhere, and one of the best places to find inspiration is through the music of others. This list is the end-all-be-all for must have albums, and includes a preface by Michael Lydon, the founding editor of the Rolling Stone magazine.
- The Pick Cutter – Free picks for life! This handy little gadget turns every old credit card or errant piece of plastic into usable picks. Musicians will never have to worry about searching for a pick again!
- Sound Like a Pro – The ULTIMATE musician gift recommended by The Music Vision: A fully produced song. Every musician longs to have their work professionally produced, and with special gift cards, that dream is just a computer away. Gift cards are available here and would be the envy of every musician.
- Mix Tape USB – What better place to store all of a musician’s tracks or lyrics than on an ultra cool USB stick housed in an old school-style cassette case. Place the USB stick in the cassette tape cover and present this retro gift to your lucky loved one.
- Commissioned Cymbal Art – This might be too pretty to play, but would be coveted by every musician that sees it. At Cymbal Pleasures, commissioned art is created out of a variety of drum cymbals for either listening or viewing pleasures.
Whether it is a flawlessly produced song, a book of musical inspiration, or a cymbal with a portrait on it, any musician would be thrilled to see any of these gifts under the Christmas tree. The hardest part now is just choosing one.