Do you have what it takes to be the next songwriting sensation?
If your answer is yes, then you should probably start making a music demo and send it to publishers! Try these steps on how to submit your very own demo.
- If you are a songwriter, choose your best tracks and find someone to sing it for you if you do not sing yourself. It would be better if you’d ask someone who underwent professional vocal training so you won’t have to spend a lot in editing.
- Prepare a demo tape. There are several music demo services that can help you prepare full length tracks with the best quality. Choose one that suits your music best.
- Upload it online. Nowadays, it is definitely easier to make things go viral if you upload it online. If your music goes viral or gains a lot of followers, it would make things smoother once you submit your demos to a publisher.
- Choose a publisher that is in the same ‘wavelength’ as your music taste. Are you into pop, rock, or country? Decide which among the types of music you are into and carefully pick out which publishers you think would enjoy your music. Pick several ones so you can have different options.
- Call the publishers or at least email them in a professional manner that you’re going to send them your demos. Write the email as short and as clear as possible.
- After you’ve sent it, follow up within the month if they’ve received it or if they heard your tracks already. Remember, publishing companies do not listen to it right away so do not follow up on the same day! Be professional and friendly at the same time.
Once you follow these steps, then it wouldn’t be that hard to send your new music to the same publishers in the future. Good luck!
Tunedly makes finding online session musicians for hire easy. Join today.