Some Motivation to Get The New Year Off to a Great Start

This article will consider a few things which a songwriter going into the New Year may consider to get the year off to a spectacular start!

After looking back in retrospect at the year that is about to pass, it is important to learn from our failures so at to be able to reach even higher to our goals. As such, this article will consider a few things which a songwriter going into the New Year may consider to get the year off to a spectacular start! However, before we jump into that, it is essential that we take on the challenges, joy and rigor associated with a brand new year with a relentless and commanding attitude. Someone once said that whatever happens to us in life is only 10% of our lives, the other 90% is how we react to it. So, there will most definitely be high and lows in the incoming year, however the attitude to persevere will trump whatever obstacle you may face; and the good news is, every time you overcome an obstacle you set yourself up to accomplish something even greater next time.




If you are dissatisfied with your current creative work, find yourself a compatible co-writer; one you can see eye-to-eye with for the purpose of achieving similar goals. One useful tip for the selection of a great co-writer is finding an individual who has strengths where you have weaknesses and vice versa. You open up your artistic self to another person and do allow them the opportunity to give constructive criticism for the betterment of the partnership. Alternatively, you would rather choose this collaboration process.




Some of the most amazing things in life have happened by accident. In light of this, being dead set on the choices we make often yield the same results, so it is recommended that you push the barriers of your comfort zone and jump out of that box which you have so proudly confined yourself in. There’s a whole new world out there, waiting for you to add you magical touch, as only you can to other genres of music. After all, if post-exploration you decide to go back to your genre of choice you will most definitely be armed with a new perspective which can be used to advance the uniqueness of the music you produce.




The only trait which successful songwriters have in common is that they didn’t give up! Things might get rough and you more than likely will get discouraged. In these times, choose to reflect on how far you have come and the amazing journey which you have travelled. If you are sure in your heart that this is your dream, then pursue it relentlessly because once you have confidence in self, you have completed the first half of the race.

The SongCat Team

Tunedly makes finding online session musicians for hire easy. Join today.

About the Author
The SongCat Team

We believe in supporting artists of all levels of their musical journey, from the 40-year music business veteran, to the burgeoning songwriter who are looking to polish their craft. We also believe that creating professional, high quality, and expertly mixed recordings shouldn’t be limited to high budget record deals.

Tunedly makes finding online session musicians for hire easy join today.

Popular Posts
Join our Newsletter

You can opt out any time.
You should receive an
automatic welcome email –
if not already subscribed.

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Follow Us
Want to Guest Blog?

We're always open to guest writers on SongCat Blog, as long as the writing is high quality and a good fit with our style. All content must be original and between 1000 and 2000 words long. We don't guarantee to publish your submission, but we will review it and make a decision if it meets our requirements. We don’t pay for guest blogs. However, every guest author can submit a short bio with the article (about two sentences) they can link to their company, Twitter, blog, etc. By submitting a post to us, you are affirming that you are the author, and that the content has not appeared elsewhere in print or online.